Review: Six of Crows

Monday, October 31, 2016



The Grisha are a group of individuals born with magical gifts to heal, kill, start fires and a number of other useful skills. For the druskelle of Fjerda the Grisha are dangerous demons hunted and burned alive. For the merchants of Kerch, the Grisha are a commodity. When a new drug comes on the market that gives the Grisha near invincible powers, merchants and criminals alike clamour to break the drug’s creator from the impenetrable prison he dwells within. The merchant Van Eck recruits criminal Kaz to assemble a team of rag tag individuals to accomplish this feat. Each member of the team has a shady past they would like to forget that may get in the way of them succeeding at their task. 

It took me a while to get into this book because of my work schedule but once I got into it I enjoyed it IMMENSELY. In fact when I finished the book I said to my boyfriend "This may be the best book I have ever read."  Six of Crows is a richly developed world full of diverse characters with questionable morals. I don't want to say too much and give anything away but reading Six of Crows feels as if you are building something and with each new chapter you can feel everything clicking into place. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe