Review: Windwitch

Thursday, January 19, 2017


When it is whispered that a mysterious figure known as the Fury stalks the people of Nubrevna, Prince Merrik, horribly disfigured in a fire, thinks the whispers are referring to him. But while he is investigating the truth behind the fire which disfigured him beyond recognition and killed his men, Merrik stumbles upon a series of attacks committed by a monstrous figure who may just be the real Fury.  

Safi and Vaness also fall victim to a mysterious fire aboard their own ship and must flee into the hostile land of the dreaded pirates known as the Red Sails. The pirates are not their only enemies, the two women are also hotly pursued by the Hell-Bards, who have finally zeroed in on Safi and her witchery. 

Still separated from her thread sister and desperate to get back to her, Iseult must join forces with Aeduan the bloodwitch in order to track Safi down. Isuelt is pleasantly surprised to find that Aeduan's presence gives her a respite from the meddling of the powerful Puppeteer into her vulnerable mind. 

 I enjoyed reading Truthwitch so much that when I had the opportunity to receive an ARC of  Windwitch I leapt at the chance.  Windwitch is the perfect followup to Truthwitch, following the characters we got to know and love in the first book. At first I feared that I knew where Merrick's story was leading due to several similarities to the television show Avatar: The Last Airbender (a favourite in my family!) but I was pleasantly surprised at the way Merrik's story unfolded. Similarly I was wary of the character of Merrik's fearsome sister and ultimately found her characterization exceeded my expectations! While Iseult and Aeduan's journey was riveting I found that I enjoyed Safi's storyline the most in the book. It was a great read! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe