Camp NaNoWriMo Days 1 to 3

Tuesday, July 03, 2018




This year I am participating in Camp NaNoWriMo to edit my manuscript entitled 
Riddles of the Sphinx. 

My cabin founder has created prompts for us and I thought it would be fun to put some up on my blog. 

Day 1: Character Who is the star of the show?


The star of my manuscript is Ismene. After a prophecy that has come to fulfilment changes her family forever, Ismene is desperate to keep the family she still has together. She tries to take fate into her own hands by using her visions to stop the war between her brothers. 

Day 2: Genre How would Amazon tag your WIP?



I think Amazon would classify my book as: Historical Fiction> Literature and Fiction> Greek and Roman Mythology> Mytology

Day 3: Setting Where does the story take place?


My story takes place in Bronze Age Thebes. Most of the action takes place within the seven gated city, in the palace. There are also scenes in Argos, Colonus and Arcadia. 

So far I am at 3,523 words. I was worried about having to rewrite my original material but now that I have started it doesn't stress me out so much. My goal is to edit at least 30,000 words of my manuscript so I can polish it up and submit it to Pitch Wars in August. 



You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe