Reading Habits Book Tag

Sunday, May 29, 2016



1. Do you have a certain place at home for reading?
Not really, I will read anywhere- on the couch, in bed, in the car, plane, train or bus, indoors, outdoors, anywhere basically!

2. Bookmark or a random piece of paper?
Both. I will have designated bookmarks for certain special books but usually I will use whatever bookmark I have collected. For library books I tend to use the receipt as a bookmark. 

3. Can you stop  reading anytime you want or do you have to stop at a certain page, chapter, part, ?
I try to stop reading at the end/beginning of a chapter. 

4. Do you eat or drink while reading?
I will drink while reading, holding the mug in one hand and the book in the other, but I usually avoid eating while reading so I don’t get my books dirty. 

5. Can you read while listening to music/ watching tv?
I will usually go somewhere quiet to read to avoid any distractions but I am able to read to instrumental music (I am too tempted to sing along to music with lyrics!). I can’t read with the tv on. 

6. One book at a time or several at once?
Ideally one book at a time, but at the moment I have two books on the go!

7. Reading at home or everywhere?
Everywhere! I have a special place in my heart for books that have certain memories tied to certain places. The most fitting example was the  Lucy Maud Montgomery books I bought at her house in P.E.I. and read in the car as we drove from landmark to landmark. I read Seraphina by Rachel Hartman at a friend’s cottage and The Assassin’s Blade by Sarah J. Maas while I was staying in Rome with my archeologist friends.  Another fitting example was After the War is Over by Jennifer Robson. Certain chapters of the book are set at Oxford University and I brought the book with me to read when I went to Oxford to present a paper at a conference. It was fun to read about the places I had just been hours before while I was out sightseeing. 

8. Reading out loud or silently in your head?
In my head usually, though if I am at a really intense/exciting part I will read it aloud to myself under my breath. I used to read aloud to my little sisters. I read Muddle Earth by Paul Stewart and Chris Ridell and I used different voices for each character, it was great fun. 

9. Do you read ahead or skip pages?
Sometimes. If I am pressed for time or if I am really, really excited to learn what happens next. I skipped sections of the Throne of Glass series when I read it the first time. I read ahead while reading Cress and Winter by Marissa Meyer because I was so anxious to learn what happened next! 

10. Breaking the spine or keeping it new?
Keeping it new! 

11. Do you write in books?
Never! 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe