Review: Truthwitch

Monday, June 06, 2016



The most rare and powerful witchery in the Witchlands is that of the Truthwitch, eagerly sought by the most powerful men and women on the continent. Safiya von Hasstrel is an unmarked Truthwitch, unaffiliated from the guilds, but vulnerable. Safiya and her thread sister Iseult,  a Threadwitch, attract much unwanted attention when a heist goes wrong and they become the quarry of a Bloodwitch. To escape his clutches, Safi and Iseult are separated and must fight for their lives.  To escape the Bloodwitch, and even more unwanted trouble, they travel with Prince Merrik, a Windwitch and Admiral of the Nubrevnan navy, who needs to fulfill the contract set out by Safi’s uncle to save his kingdom. As they travel the seas and the barren lands of Nubrevna the three discover that war is imminent and that the two girls may play a large part. 


I picked up Susan Dennard’s Truthwitch because of all the hype I had seen online. I was pleasantly surprised to discover that I absolutely loved it! Each chapter was more exciting and engrossing than the last and I put off finishing the book so I could prolong the experience. Dennard has created a rich world and complex characters that really immerse the reader in the book. I would recommend this book to anyone, it was so entertaining. I am eagerly awaiting January 2017 for the release of the second book Windwitch. 

You Might Also Like

0 comments

Popular Posts

Like us on Facebook

Flickr Images

Subscribe